Anyone watch America’s Got Talent? I was a super fan of this kooky act. So funny.
I’m not a super big white chocolate fan, but it becomes magical when paired with raspberries in these sweet, soft scones. The sprinkling of sugar before baking gives them a nice crispness on top.
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons (28 grams) granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (85 grams) butter, cut into small pieces
6 ounces (170 grams) raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup (85 grams) white chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃).
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in butter with pastry blender until coarse crumbs form. Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, beat together egg, vanilla, and heavy cream. Pour over the scone batter and lightly mix until the dough comes together. The dough will be sticky.
5. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, form a circle, and flatten it until it is about 1-inch thick. Using a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut 8 equal pie wedges (even though dough is kind of unmanageable, try not to add more flour to keep the scones tender).
6. Transfer scones to a baking sheet using a flat spatula dipped in flour and sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little granulated sugar.
7. Bake scones for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature
Makes 8 scones
Recipe from Pastry Affair
“You Are Healing” is new from husband and wife duo Flora Cash. Beautiful, soothing, hopeful.
Check out Flora Cash on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.