Buffalo wings slam into macaroni and cheese in this decadent casserole. Creamy inside with a delectably crisp top, this dinner is a winner.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
8 tablespoons butter, divided
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 cups shredded Colby cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 pound rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 cup panko
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet using a slotted spoon.
3. In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Return vegetables to skillet, and stir in 1/2 cup wing sauce. Remove from heat.
5. In a large saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, broth, and remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce until smooth. Cook, whisking occasionally, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Gradually stir in Colby and Monterey Jack until melted and smooth.
6. Stir chicken mixture and cooked pasta into cheese sauce until well combined.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
8. In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, blue cheese, and parsley. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
9. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Paula Deen
‘Housefly’ might make you think annoying, but this song so titled is anything but. Jordan Klassen threads his soft vocals through the plinking, melodic tune in a calming, lovely way.
Check out Jordan Klassen on his Website where you can learn of upcoming European tour dates and buy his music.