Who wants a muffin?
Move over blueberry muffins…here’s an exciting addition to the breakfast bread basket. Not only are these cinnamon-scented muffins packed with pistachios and chunks of chocolate, they have a sweet bit of raspberry jam tucked inside. Different and delicious.
Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only of 10 jumbo muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. Reserve 1/3 cup of the largest pieces of chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the pistachios. Stir remaining chopped chocolate and pistachios into dry ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, combine milk, butter, lemon peel, vanilla and egg. Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with 2 tablespoons batter. Spoon a teaspoon of jam into center of batter in each cup. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the remaining batter over jam in each cup. Top each with reserved chopped chocolate and pistachios.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or cooled.
Note: For regular-sized muffins, line 20 regular-sized muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only. Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon batter. Place 1/2 teaspoon jam in center of batter in each cup. Spoon remaining batter evenly over each filled cup, covering jam. Top each with reserved chopped chocolate and pistachios. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 10 jumbo muffins or 20 regular sized
Recipe from Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookbook
London-based band Eat The Evidence have just released their debut album ‘Sex, Drugs and Wishy Washy Politics’. It’s every bit as good as the title would suggest.
“Fruit Of The Loot” has got it all going on. Funny, smart, and positively giddy with its ska and post-punk beats.
Check out Eat The Evidence on Facebook. You can buy their music here.
Hi there, this is great. I hope you bring it over to Food on Friday as part of Pot Luck. You’ll find a link towards the top of my sidebar. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter