BLD you ask?
That is what Rachael Ray calls these burgers that would be at home for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The patties combine sausage and sirloin and are served in herb butter-fried English muffins along with bacon, cheese and egg. Tasty!
8 slices thick cut bacon
4 oz butter, softened
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/4 cup (a small handful) cilantro or parsley tops, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 sandwich-size English muffins
1 pound ground sirloin
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 pound bulk spicy pork breakfast sausage
4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Place bacon slices on a metal rack set atop a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crispy, about 18 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix the butter, shallot, cilantro, chives and garlic. Season the herb butter to taste with salt.
4. Place a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Spread the cut sides of the English muffins with the herb butter. Add to the skillet, buttered side down, and cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the Worcestershire and season with some black pepper. Add the sausage and mix to combine. Form into 4 patties that are thinner in the centers for even cooking and a bit larger than the English muffins to allow for shrinkage when the patties are cooked.
6. Cook burgers, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, top the patties with the cheese and tent with foil to melt. Transfer burgers to a plate.
7. In a small bowl, mix the ketchup and hot sauce.
8. In the same skillet, crack in the eggs and fry until cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Top the English muffin bottoms with the patties, bacon, eggs, spicy ketchup and English muffin tops.
Recipe from Rachael Ray
This is a corker of a tune.
‘When Lips Turn Purple’, new from Nantes-based band Bantam Lyons, combines swirling guitars with an intoxicating beat.
Check out Bantam Lyons on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in the UK and France and buy their music.