I am unapologetic about my love for the classic macaroni and cheese in the blue box. Here it is the brilliant base for pizza. The mac cheese bakes up soft in the center and crisped around the edges. Top with sauce, sausage and cheese or your favorite toppings. Kids of all ages will happily dig in.
Macaroni And Cheese Crust Pizza
1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in eggs then spread onto a large greased pizza pan.
2. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
4. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Spread over macaroni mixture. Layer with sausage mixture and cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe slightly adapted from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Holy handclap this is good. “Heaven” exudes pure happiness in this joyous new tune from Two Islands.
“I’ve been waiting for this day to come”
Check out Two Islands on Facebook where you can keep tuned on where to buy their music.