When I think of bakery style muffins, it’s those big ones with the large golden dome that come to mind. Well these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins do not disappoint. The right quantity of leavening agents allow them to rise high. The muffins are moist, deliciously scented with vanilla and packed with masses of chocolate chips. You could probably get 13 muffins out of the batter, but go big!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 & ½ cups (308g) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon (13g) baking powder
1 tsp (5g) baking soda
½ tsp (2.5g) salt
½ cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (250ml) whole milk
1 tablespoon (15ml) vanilla extract
1 & ½ cups (275g) chocolate chips (I used a mixture of regular and mini), plus more chips to press into batter
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
4. Spoon batter into the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with additional chips.
5. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake so the muffins stay moist. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Muffins are delicious warm or cooled.
Note: Muffins taste best the day they are baked, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Makes 1 dozen
Recipe from Little Sweet Baker
Muffins and a long drive go very well together. And a little alt-rock on the radio is always a good thing.
Well luck has it that today we have a song about another long drive by NYC-based band Evening Darling.
The driving with the eyes closed, though, might be dangerous. You know…crumbs everywhere.
Check out Evening Darling on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US east coast gigs and keep tuned on where to buy their music.