This is the second recipe this week that stars bacon, but what can I say? Bacon is goooooood.
Bacon is especially good all spiced up in a lime-soy sauce and spooned over hot dogs along with crunchy, limey tortilla chips.
Spicy Bacon Hot Dog
4 hot dogs
4 chopped bacon slices
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Spicy Chips (recipe follows) —I used Tostitos Hint Of Lime Tortilla Chips, an easy and delicious substitute
4 hot dog buns
1. Cook hot dogs in a hot cast-iron skillet with a little oil or butter, about 5 minutes.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until the fat has rendered, about 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir soy sauce, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Place hot dogs in buns. Top with bacon sauce and spicy tortilla chips. Drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
1 cup lightly crushed tortilla chips
1 tablespoon chili-lime powder (such as Tajin)
1. Spread tortilla chips on a baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle with chili-lime powder and toss to coat.
3. Bake at 350℉ until lightly toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Recipes from Food Network Magazine
Well this is pretty lovely.
‘Big Dipper’ is the new single from Fraternal Twin’s forthcoming album “Homeworlding”.
“The day won’t come
until I’m ready for it
so I don’t beg”
Check out Fraternal Twin on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in NY and PA and link to buy their music.