Go for the Gold and make these Buffalo Chicken Skewers. Chicken thighs grill up incredibly tender. Bathed in a spicy hot sauce and served with cooling blue cheese dip and crisp celery, they make dinner a winner.
Buffalo Chicken Skewers
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola
2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large cloves garlic
3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut lengthwise into 3 or 4 pieces
1. For the dip, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt, blue cheese, 2 teaspoons of the vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. For the glaze, in a blender, purée the chickpeas, hot sauce, butter, garlic, the remaining vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Divide between two small bowls.
3. Heat a foil-lined grill or grill pan over medium-high. Thread each chicken piece onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak 30 minutes before grilling).
4. Brush the chicken all over with one bowlful of the glaze. Grill, turning occasionally, until grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5. Using a clean brush, coat the chicken with the remaining glaze. Serve with celery sticks and dip.
Recipe from Every Day With Rachael Ray Magazine
This is a bit of a different music offering for you.
I love Gilmore Girls. It seems to be on television all the time lately, probably a lot to do with the reboot coming up in November. Being a huge podcast fan, I decided to check out Gilmore Guys recommended by another podcast I love, Unabashedly Obsessed.
One of the Gilmore Guys sang this song on an episode today. I was charmed, so looked it up when I got home. Pretty good, eh? Feels topical, what with the Olympics in full force.
Check out Animaniacs on this Website.