Spicy Cilantro Sauce.
One of the best condiments I have ever made. Seriously, I wanted to grab a spoon and dig in like it was soup.
The steaks, marinated in classic Asian flavors, are the perfect vehicle to enjoy the sauce on. I served some rice, too, to further soak up that dreamy sauce.
Asian Grilled Steaks With Spicy Cilantro Sauce
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons sherry
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 strip steaks, 1 inch thick
Spicy Cilantro Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Stir together oil, sherry, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper flakes in a resealable plastic bag. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add steaks, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Heat grill.
4. Remove steaks from marinade and season with pepper. Discard marinade.
5. Cook steaks on medium-hot grill 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired doneness.
6. Top each steak with sauce. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Spicy Cilantro Sauce
1 cup cilantro, minced
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
1. Stir together all ingredients in small bowl. Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Recipes from Crisco.com (I used the ingredient quantities from a Crisco booklet from 2003. Called for a little more oil and some sherry in the marinade)
Dreamy sauce. Dreamy synth.
Turin-based electro-pop band Monuments are releasing demo tapes of 6 of their 1980s tunes. Classic sound. Brings me right back to college.
Check out Monuments on the Mannequin Record’s Website. You can buy the music here.