If you like meatball subs, chances are you will really enjoy this Meatball Sub Casserole.
I loved the meatballs most of all. So easy to make and bake. They are then combined with an enhanced spaghetti sauce before being ladled over cheesy slices of Italian bread.
Bake and yum! A meatball sub in a rib-sticking casserole.
Meatball Sub Casserole
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
1 loaf French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick sliced)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
28 ounces spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place balls on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
2. Bake meatballs at 400°F for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink then drain.
3. Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased shallow 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper. Spread cheese mixture over bread. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
5. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic. Add meatballs then pour over bread. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe from Taste Of Home Fun Food
A soft melancholy song fits my New Years Eve mood. I know it is just another day, but the blinding hope of a brand new year is always overwhelming to me.
‘Staring At The Sky’, from NY-based Zeke Hunter, soothes with its he/she vocals and pretty piano.
Check out Zeke Hunter on his Website. You can buy the music here.