Son: I’m going outside to climb a tree.
Mother: Okay, but if you fall and break both your legs, don’t come running to me!
I’m on board for honey-mustard anything so it’s no surprise that I adored this Honey Mustard Roasted Cashew recipe. The nuts are sticky and sweet with perfect spice from the mustard and red pepper. Soooo easy to make, too, that they can be ready by the time that you shake up your cocktail.
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together honey, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss cashews in the mixture and stir until well coated.
3. Spread cashews in a single layer on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until fragrant, stirring once halfway through cooking time. Watch carefully so the nuts do not burn.
5. Allow nuts to cool then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 1-1/2 cups
Recipe from Joy The Baker Cookbook
Glasgow-based band The Deadline Shakes have their debut album coming out the end of this month. An older single, “Sweeten The Deal”, is included on the record and had my heart from the very first chords. A little chiming guitar and a big irresistible beat combine to make this one of the best songs around.
I love the video, too. Such cuties.
Check out The Deadline Shakes on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.