When I saw this recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it. Ravioli baked up with egg batter into a loaf…. How different is that?
Cheese Ravioli Egg Bake is kind of like a cross between macaroni and cheese and a quiche. I loved the crisp topping and how unexpectedly good the relish is paired with the dish.
The original recipe called for spinach and cheese ravioli, but I couldn’t find any. That would add even more color and flavor.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
1 package (8 to 9 ounces) fresh cheese ravioli
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup panko
Jarred red-pepper relish, for serving
Sliced vegetables, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Brush bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with oil.
2. Place pasta and tomatoes evenly in bottom of pan.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and 1/4 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan.
4. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together panko, oil, and remaining 1 tablespoon cheese.
5. Sprinkle panko mixture over egg mixture. Continue baking until puffed and golden brown on top and set in center, about 30 minutes more (if top is browning too quickly, tent with foil).
6. Let cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of pan then invert egg bake onto a cutting board to remove from pan. Slice and serve with relish and sliced vegetables.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Songs with banjo and cello may be some of my favorites. This is certainly the case with every song on the new EP from Pennsylvania-based band Ferdinand The Bull. It’s a blast of folk rock that leaves you wanting much more.
I love this opening line:
“I cannot stand because I’m falling over you.”
Check out Ferdinand The Bull on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming tour dates. You can name your price to buy their music on Bandcamp.
Al I am going to say is WOW!!!!!!!! I am going to quit my pasta restaurant now and go home and make this! My mouth is officially drooling.!
Best comment! xThank you.