And a 10 hour version. LOL.
Yep. I’m makin’ Bacon Pancakes. Just top pancake batter with a strip of bacon and cook as usual. Delicious.
(If bacon is your thing you might also like these pancakes with candied bacon and chocolate chips.)
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
8 slices bacon
Pure maple syrup, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200℉.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and egg.
4. Whisk flour mixture into buttermilk mixture just until moistened, with some small lumps remaining.
5. In a large cast-iron skillet or on a griddle, cook bacon over medium-high until fat is rendered and bacon is browned on one side, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and crisp on underside, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain bacon and pour off all but 1 teaspoon fat from skillet.
6. Heat griddle over medium heat. Pour 1/4-cupfuls batter into griddle and top each with a bacon slice. Cook until some bubbles appear on top of pancakes, about 2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully flip pancakes and cook until browned on underside, about 2 minutes.
7. Transfer pancakes to a platter, bacon side up, and loosely tent with foil. Keep pancakes warm in oven and repeat with remaining batter, adding more bacon fat if needed. Serve with maple syrup.
Makes 8 pancakes
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
I’m mostly not sure what JeanGreen is singing about. The lyrics include “a broken heart and lost the sunshine, lonely night, through the sky, and let it go oh letting go yeah”. I do know that this is a lovely little piece of pop.
Check out JeanGreen on his Website (but you will have to brush up on your Korean first) and Bandcamp, where you can buy the music.
Pingback: Buttermilk Pancakes With Crispy Bacon, Avocado and Cilantro-Chile Oil. New Music From The Pacers. | I Sing In The Kitchen