Is it a brownie or is it a cake?
This Fudge Brownie Cake With Creamy Chocolate Icing is a bit of both. It’s packed with chocolate flavor and extremely moist and fudgy. The thin icing is perfect as it does not overwhelm everything.
Fudge Brownie Cake With Creamy Chocolate Icing
1 package (19.8 ounces) brownie mix
8 Tbs butter, melted
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Creamy Chocolate Icing (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch metal pan.
2. Place brownie mix, butter, water, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Stir for 50 strokes until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
5. Spread icing thinly across cooled brownies. Chill for 1 hour before slicing.
Makes 24 squares
Creamy Chocolate Icing
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. Beat butter, cocoa powder, corn syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl for 1 minute.
2. Add confectioners’ sugar and the milk. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute more.
Recipes from Chocolate From The Cake Mix Doctor
This is new from The Wiggly Tendrils: “Songwriter and hands on dad. Completely obsessed with music and home recording.”
My kind of artist. I think he and his boy would love some brownies along with their uke.
“Your baby loves U….kulele”
Check out The Wiggly Tendrils on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy the music.