These decadent cookies are chocolate chippers, adult-style. The espresso enhances the rich chocolate flavor and toasted hazelnuts add the perfect crunch.
6 Tbs flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs espresso powder
2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a heavy saucepan, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter together over low heat.
4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla together. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
6. Place tablespoons of the dough 1 1/2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes until the tops crack but the cookies are still soft inside. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks.
Makes 30 cookies
Recipe from San Francisco Flavors: Favorite Recipes from the Junior League of San Francisco
This is a catchy little tune. Finger-snapping good.
“I stumble and fall as I call through the valley
I’m closer while chasing your name”
Check out Dann Morr on his Website and Bandcamp, where you can learn of upcoming shows in Chicago and buy the music.