So I’m giving y’all this muffin recipe and I’m sure you’ll love it.
These Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins, courtesy of one of my idols, Joy The Baker, are just about perfect. The browned butter gives them such depth of flavor. Every bite is packed with blueberries and that crisp, crumbly topping is fantastic.
Ingredients for the muffins:
7 Tbs unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
Ingredients for the topping:
3 Tbs cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1. Place a rack in the upper third of oven. Preheat to 375℉. Line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. To make the muffins, In a large, heavy pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. The butter will melt, foam, then become clear golden before finally starting to turn brown. Stir frequently and do not leave the butter unattended as it goes from perfect brown to burned very quickly. Set aside.
3. Whisk milk, egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add the brown butter and stir to combine.
4. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add milk and butter mixture all at once and stir gently to combine. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Divide the batter among muffin cups.
6. To make the topping, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and rub together with a pastry cutter or your fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the batter in the cups.
7. Bake until topping is crisp and a tester inserted into the center muffins comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Joy The Baker
I feel like I am suddenly floating away when listening to ‘Hex’. Such mesmerizing vocals and somber cello. Excellent.