Biting into one of these PB & J bars is like digging into a sweet, crunchy version of the classic sandwich. Really good.
Next time I would double the raspberries and jam. My favorite parts of the bars were where the berry ribbon was thicker.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing the baking dish
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Line with parchment paper.
2. Combine the jam and raspberries in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
4. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing on low until just combined.
6. Press half the dough into the prepared dish. Top with the raspberry mixture. Fold the peanuts into the remaining half of the dough and drop in clumps over the jam.
7. Bake until the top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Cool in the dish for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 16 bars
Recipe from Real Simple Magazine
It’s Friday! Time to ‘Shake’ it up.
‘Shake’ is the first single from Chicago-based band Killwave’s album, “Death by Distortion”, due for release on May 5th. It’s got all the retro elements of dark, grungy goth from way back, combined with lots of fresh, modern energy.
You’ll want to crank up the volume to really appreciate those insane guitars.
Check out Killwave on the band’s Website, where you can learn of an upcoming show in Chicago and buy their music.