Q: Why did Beethoven get rid of all his chickens?
A: They kept saying, “Bach, Bach, Bach!”
Nothing like a recipe that delivers big flavor but requires little work. That’s what we have today.
The slow cooked chicken gets a kick from the spicy jerk seasoning. The pineapple salsa packs a little heat, too, but also provides a lovely cool contrast.
2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
1 cup brewed coffee
3/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons molasses
4 cloves garlic, minced
Several dashes hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
16 slider buns
1. In a small bowl combine jerk seasoning, oil, salt, and black pepper. Coat chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, bone sides down, in a slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl combine coffee, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, molasses, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Pour mixture over chicken.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken from cooker. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Using two forks, pull chicken apart into shreds. Return shredded chicken to cooker.
5. Turn slow cooker to high-heat setting. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until chicken is heated through.
7. To serve, use the slotted spoon to spoon chicken mixture onto bottoms of buns. Top with salsa and replace tops of buns.
Makes 16 sliders
Recipe from BHG.com
What first struck me during my first listen to ‘M’, the new album by The Muchmores, was how irresistible the song lyrics are. Nine intricate little glimpses into melancholy stories. Seriously good.
Check out The Muchmores on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.