Short on time, but longing for some rich chocolate cake? These little Molten Chocolate Espresso Cakes are just the thing.
The recipe makes 6 sinfully moist muffin-sized cakes that need less than 20 minutes to prep. Espresso and bittersweet chocolate add such wonderful depth of flavor.
The cakes are fabulous on their own, but why deprive them of thick, silky ganache and a crunchy sprinkling of pistachios?
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more to grease muffin tin
1/3 cup sugar, plus more to dust muffin tin
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ganache Glaze (recipe follows)
Pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Brush 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with butter and dust with sugar; tap out excess.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave oven, about 1 minute, stirring until smooth. Let cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder, and salt.
4. With a mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated. Add flour mixture; beat until combined. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
6. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before turning out cakes (I used a teaspoon around the edge of the cakes to gently ease them out of the tin).
7. Spread ganache over top of cakes, sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
Makes 6 cakes
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
1. Pour gently simmered cream over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
2. Let stand until mixture is spoonable, about 15 minutes.
Recipes from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Here’s a short song.
You just know this next song is gonna be sweet from its title.
Check out Mixtapes on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.