Do you have 10 minutes to spare?
Feel like some melt in your mouth, creamy, buttery fudge with crunchy toasted pecans?
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves, toasted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. In a large saucepan, bring butter, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove pan from heat.
4. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Add confectioners’ sugar and stir until smooth and well combined. Spread mixture into baking dish.
5. Freeze fudge 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm (It set up fine in my cool kitchen).
6. Cut into 1-inch squares and serve, or store in an airtight container
Makes 60 squares
Recipe from MrFood.com
I’m in it.
I’m loving listening to it.
This new song from River Whyless offers up some tribal folk with perfect he/she harmonies and gripping violin.
“I’d lend you my skin”
Check out River Whyless on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.
Pingback: Butter Pecan Fudge. New Music From River Whyless. | homethoughtsfromabroad626