This cracked me up.
This quick and easy recipe is a fabulous take on fajitas. The spice rub provides plenty of heat to the beef. Creamy avocado and crunchy romaine lettuce are the perfect cooling contrast, while a drizzle of tomatillo salsa gives it all an extra little zip.
1 1/2 lb flank steak
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chile powder
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 heart of romaine
2 ripe avocados
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro sprigs
Accompaniments: tomatillo salsa and lime wedges
1. Heat a ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until beginning to smoke, then brush with oil.
2. While pan heats, pat steak dry and stir together spices and salt, then rub all over both sides of steak.
3. Grill steak, turning over once, 9 to 11 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut romaine crosswise into thin shreds. Quarter avocados lengthwise, then pit, peel, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. While steak is standing, stack tortillas, wrapped in dampened paper towels, on a microwave-safe plate and cook in a microwave oven at high power until tortillas are hot, about 1 1/2 minutes.
6. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with tortillas, avocado, romaine, and cilantro.
Recipe from Gourmet Magazine
Swirling, breezy, easy indie-pop with a side of guitar. Perfect Sunday listening from UK-based Alex Moir.
Check out Alex Moir on his Website. His debut EP is due out early this year.