I’m berry happy to share this simple and wonderful recipe for Lemon Raspberry Muffins. The bright flavor of lemon is so good with the tart raspberries. The sweet, moist cake is really delicious, too.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 large eggs
1 cup raspberries (Fresh or Frozen. Don’t thaw frozen raspberries.)
1. Preheat oven to 425℉. Line 16 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In small bowl, combine half-and-half, oil, lemon extract and eggs until well blended.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Don’t overmix.
5. Carefully fold in raspberries.
6. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove from pans. They are yummy warm or cold.
Makes 16 muffins
Recipe from Pillsbury: Best of the Bake-Off Cookbook
I love this short little song. It’s 1 minute and 20 seconds of loveliness with an awesome title to boot.
This is a beautifully sweet song and a lovely tribute to Anthony Green’s wife. I am such a sucker for his gorgeous, high end vocals.