– Who’s there?
– The Who?
– Yes. It’s Roger, Pete, John & Keith.
– No, it’s not. I won’t get fooled again
I’m not fooling you when I say this is one yummy recipe. A creamy, cheesy beef mixture is baked between flaky biscuits for a super easy, super fast and super rib-sticking meal.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 can (8 ounces) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits (I used a 16 oz can of Grands! Biscuits)
1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic salt. Let simmer.
3. Separate the biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; split each in half (If using Grands!, separate into 8 biscuits, which I did not split). Press 10 biscuit halves over the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan.
4. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the cheese with the sour cream and egg.
5. Remove meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon over the biscuit dough. Arrange remaining biscuit halves on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Handel Society Cookbook
If you’ve been hanging out in my kitchen for any period of time, you know the chances of me playing The Who are pretty slim. I am quite fond of the Tommy soundtrack, but that’s just because Oliver Reed and Ann-Margret are so awesome.
But, no fooling, I do have a Who song for you. The Walking Who, that is (not to be confused with The Walking Dead).
‘Have You Seen The Colours?’ has a drifter, garagey, psychedelic sound that makes me want to teleport to the 60s, don some hot pants and a fringe vest, then give you all a peace sign.
Check out The Walking Who on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates. You can buy their EP on Bandcamp.