Dude, this recipe is a total winner. Shrimp and mango are a surprisingly wonderful combination. The spiced cashews, hint of rum and cilantro just seal the deal.
Spiced Shrimp With Mango And Cashews
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup salted cashews
1 1/2pound large shrimp
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dark or gold rum
1 large mango (approx 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch cubes (or use 2 small mangoes)
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cashews and sugar-spice mixture to the skillet; cook, stirring, until nuts are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer nuts into a bowl.
3. Wipe out skillet. Season shrimp with salt and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil.
4. Add green onions and half of the cilantro to the skillet; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Pour in the rum and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the rum evaporates, about 1 minute.
5. Remove pan from heat and add nuts, mango, vinegar and other half of the cilantro leaves. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Recipe from Gourmet De-Constructed
I absolutely love this chill song….and so does the internet. Such engaging vocals that work so well with the plucky beat.
Check out Zola Blood on Facebook and Soundcloud, where you can hear (and hopefully soon purchase) their music.