This is pretty sweet.
Monkey Bread, that addictive combination of cinnamon-sugar coated bits of dough drizzled with a healthy dose of caramel, gets the mini treatment here in muffin form. Sticky, gooey and really not too sweet (really!), these make any morning better.
The recipe takes less than 1 hour from start to finish. Now that’s really sweet!
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough (I used Pillsbury Grands Homestyle which contains 8 big biscuits)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉. Grease muffin cups of a standard muffin pan or fill with paper liners.
2. Mix the white sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, melt the brown sugar, butter and water until bubbly. Add the vanilla and stir until smooth.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (There was a point at the 8 minute mark when some smoke started coming out of oven. The rising biscuits had caused some of the brown sugar syrup to bubble up onto the muffin pan.) Let stand 5 minutes before taking out of muffin pan.
7. Spoon reserved sauce on the muffins while still hot. Serve hot or microwave the muffin for 10 seconds to reheat.
Makes 10 muffins
Recipe from Goddess Of Baking
Here’s a short song with a title that makes me laugh. It’s pretty frenetic with a guttural bass riff.
And a sweet song.
Check out Spray Paint on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.
Learn more about Fenech-Soler on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and link to buy their music (UK itunes only).