Burrata And Guacamole Topped Chicken Pesto Burgers.
That is a mouthful of a title and, wow, what a mouthful of a burger!
Pesto flavored chicken burgers are topped with tomato, a simple homemade guacamole and a thick slice of burrata, that king of creamy cheeses.
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons pesto, purchased or homemade (recipe follows)
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
4 ounces burrata cheese
2 avocados, mashed
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 large tomato, sliced
3 whole wheat hamburger buns
1. In a bowl combine chicken, salt, pesto and balsamic vinegar. Form into 3 patties (they will be quite moist).
2. Use a large spoon to add the patties to a medium size non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes per side.
3. While meat is cooking add mashed avocado to a bowl. Stir in lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
4. Top each bun with a chicken patty, slice of tomato, a few scoops of guacamole and a slice of burrata cheese.
Makes 3 burgers
Recipe from A Zesty Bite
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts. toasted
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.
3. If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.
Makes 1 cup
Recipe from Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis
We’re going to totally shift course from the big, cheerful burgers to this sparse, somber, and truly lovely song.
To quote Bucharest-based singer Andrew Marica:
“The song “Forever Gone” was written in one very lonely night, after the death of someone very dear to me. All of the songs I write and compose come out of passion. I wish this song to be a monument for a special person, and I also wish to share the emotion that led me to writing it, as I think there’s a special kind of beauty in sorrow.”
Check out Andrew Marica on Soundcloud where he is offering up his song as a free download.