We had these Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps for dinner last night. I could not wait to get up this morning to dig in to the leftovers. They are fabulous and so easy to make!
All of the flavors of a cheeseburger are tucked into a tortilla which then gets a brief grilling. The tortilla gets nice and crisp and the cheese all melty over the lightly spiced meat. Yum.
I forgot to add the lettuce before I took the photos, but it adds a lovely crunch.
1 pound ground beef
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
Pepper and salt, to taste
5 large flour tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, minced onion and salt and pepper to beef. Stir to combine.
2. Reduce heat to low and let mixture heat thoroughly, about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese down the center of each tortilla. Add a few tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of cheese. Drizzle a little mustard on top of the beef, and then add some tomato slices.
4. Roll up each tortilla burrito-style.
5. Place wraps, a couple at a time, onto a preheated indoor grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp.
6. Remove wraps from grill and place on a plate. Gently unravel wrap to add some lettuce. Re-roll wrap and then cut in center diagonally.
Makes 5 wraps
Recipe from Life In The Lofthouse
Eliot Sumner (daughter of that Gordon) has a new song out from her forthcoming EP. ‘Come Friday’ has a very retro vibe to it. I almost didn’t realize it was a woman at first. I can definitely hear dad’s influence in the intonations.