Shake up your pizza night by serving this different and delicious version. Shrimp and bacon are the unexpected and indulgent toppings along with some garlic, onion and a healthy dose of mozzarella. Bellissimo!
4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
12 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb pizza dough
1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs minced chives
1. Preheat oven to 500℉.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet until partially cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
3. In a small bowl mix shrimp, onion, garlic, and oil with some salt and pepper.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 inch circle. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet or a pizza stone.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella over dough, then top with shrimp mixture and bacon pieces.
6. Bake until shrimp is cooked through and crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with chives and cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe from Cook’s Country Magazine
“Hey Ho. Let’s Go!”
And now they are all gone.
I saw the Ramones in a tiny club in Rochester, NY, back in the early eighties. They were brilliant live, bursting with energy and iconically clad in black leather.
No cover comes close to the original Ramones, but I did come across this early eighty inspired, dancey version of ‘Blitzkreig Bop’ that I quite like.
Check out Drop Out Orchestra on Facebook and Soundcloud, where you can get their music.