I’m one of those people who believes that chocolate belongs in banana bread.
Dark chocolate chunks? Well, that is even better. And raspberries? Wow! I had never thought of combining raspberries with banana. And since raspberries and chocolate are such a glorious combination, this bread is just chock full of goodness.
It is pretty hot in my kitchen being it’s smack in the middle of July, so I liked serving the slices of bread cold so that the chocolate was not gooey.
Raspberry- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup halved raspberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
4. Stir in the flour mixture; just until moist. Do not over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then gently stir in the raspberries. (Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chunks and raspberries on the top to make it look pretty, if you like.)
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Recipe from Recipe Boy
‘Passing Ships’ is brand-spanking new from The Travelling Band. It’s from their third album “The Big Defreeze” due out next month.
Love at first listen. It’s been on repeat since I heard it for the first time this morning.
Check out The Travelling Band on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming UK tour dates and buy their music.