Busy nights need easy dinners.
Just throw 3 seasoning packets together with water and salsa, pour over a beef roast and slow cook for 8 hours. The oniony sauce gets a terrific flavor punch from the salsa and the herbs in the Italian dressing.
When you are ready to eat, melt some Swiss cheese on slider rolls and top with the shredded beef and a creamy chili sauce.
Serve with mashed potatoes, smothered in the extra sauce, and a green vegetable to round out the meal.
Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders
1 (3-4 lb) beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope (1 oz) onion soup mix
1 envelope (0.6 oz) Italian dressing mix
1 envelope (0.6 oz) Au Jus mix
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Creamy Chili Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets.
2. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
4. Shred roast.
5. Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll.
6. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1 minute or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (watch closely so they don’t burn). Remove baking sheet from oven.
7. Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of Swiss cheese on rolls. Spread sauce on the top roll and place over beef.
Creamy Chili Sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbs chili sauce
2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce
Dash of hot sauce, optional
1. Mix all ingredients together and spread on sliders or use as a dip for wings or chicken fingers.
Recipes from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Monday is so much more bearable with music on. This new “laptop pop” tune by Oscar is a perfect start to the week.
‘Open Up’ slinks its way into your ears. I love the cool beat, catchy little jangles, and the almost monosyllabic deep vocals.
Check out Oscar on Facebook. His new EP will be available for purchase here this summer.