If you have visited my kitchen over the years, you know that I love cupcakes (and cakes) with surprises inside.
Awhile back I made the desserts for a celebration honoring the volunteers who make my town’s recreation department the huge success that it is. I made a big cake and some cupcakes topped with cookies to spell out my message. That explains the exclamation mark on the cupcake above.
These simple cupcakes get their surprise interior from the Baci, a truffle filled with milk chocolate, hazelnut gianduia, and a whole hazelnut, and coated with dark chocolate. Yum.
For more fun chocolate candy filled cupcake recipes, check out the Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes here and the Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes here.
Baci Chocolate Stuffed Cupcakes
1 box cake mix (I used yellow)
24 Baci candies, unwrapped
Nutella Buttercream (recipe follows)
1. Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions.
2. Divide the batter evenly into a muffin pan fitted with cupcake liners . Press one Baci into the center of each cupcake. Don’t worry if the candy is not completely submersed as the icing will cover it.
3. Bake for 22 – 25 minutes, at directed temperature, until a tester comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely before icing the cupcakes.
8 oz unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
Pinch of salt
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 5 minutes on medium speed until pale and creamy.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 5 minutes.
3. Ice cupcakes as desired. (I used a French Star tip to swirl the icing on.)
Short song time!!
And a sweet song!!!!
Check out Lizard Kisses on Facebook and the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming NY shows and buy their music.
Cheers. (no exclamation….I used my quota for today)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT PHOTO OF YOU AND MY LITTLE BUDDY! THE RECIPE LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TOO :)
Thanks! He’s so excited that we will be able to visit you.