Every now and then a recipe knocks my socks off.
And now I am barefoot.
I adore baked ziti. The version here is incredibly easy and like the title says…One Pot! You don’t even have to boil the pasta. It cooks right in the sauce. Ricotta, sausage and heavy cream add richness and the cloak of melted mozzarella is the crowning touch to this royally good dish.
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
1 Tbs dried minced onion flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups water
12 oz ziti
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown sausage in 3 quart oven safe pot or skillet. Drain fat.
2. Add onion flakes and garlic. Cook for i minute, until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
3. Add water and ziti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
4. Remove pot from heat. Stir in ricotta and heavy cream. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, less than 2 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Plain Chicken
This song is worth loving just for the title alone. Brooding, insistent and extremely good.