Q: How do we know burgers love young people?
A: They’re pro-teen.
Burgers with a side of potato salad. That would be one of my favorite summertime dinners.
The Burger is All In One since the cheese and picante flavoring are mixed into the ground beef before grilling. The result is a Tex-Mexy, tender patty.
Celery gives lots of crunch and is a terrific contrast to the buttery, creamy Yukon gold potatoes.
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup mild picante sauce, plus more to serve
1/3 cup (1-1/3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Form mixture into patties; layer patties in aluminum foil and refrigerate to firm up. (Refrigerating is especially helpful if you will be cooking the burgers on the grill…keeps them from making a mess.)
2. Broil, grill or bake to desired doneness. Serve with additional picante sauce.
Recipe from Mr Food Cooks Like Mama
1 1/2 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes
4 large eggs
1/4 cup malt vinegar
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
1 bunch celery, including leaves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Cover potatoes and eggs with cold water in a 4-quart pot with 1/2 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil, covered. Uncover and boil 10 minutes.
2. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water; continue to cook potatoes until tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
3. While potatoes cook, whisk together vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
4. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water until they have cooled slightly. Peel potatoes (I prefer the skin on) and cut into 1-inch pieces. Toss with vinegar mixture.
5. Peel eggs and coarsely chop, then add to potatoes along with remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Gourmet Magazine
I cannot get enough of Edinburgh based Book Group’s new EP.
I LOVE ‘Summer Of Lunches’. Of course, what is not to love about the title? But, then there is this opening line:
“Fuck what this computer says”
Check out Book Group on Facebook. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.
Pingback: Ideas For July 4th. The Bronx On The Stereo. | I Sing In The Kitchen