Oh my, these fish sliders are so good.
The recipe sounded okay.
Beer battered fish. Alright, like that.
Tzatziki. Yes, I like that, too.
Put them together with a little spritz of lime juice and WOW! Like immediately turned to love. You cannot believe how delicious these little sandwiches are.
I have included a recipe to make the fish from scratch, but I think the frozen stuff is really good (and far easier to make!).
Crispy Beer Battered Fish Sliders
Beer Battered Fish Fillets, from the frozen food section
Tzatziki, purchased or recipe follows
Gem (butter) lettuce leaves
Limes, cut into wedges
1. Prepare fish per packet directions or make your own Fantastic Crispy Tempura Battered Fish
2. Cut fish into bite sized pieces.
3. Spread one half of each bread roll with tzatziki. Fill with a lettuce leaf and a piece of fish. Cover with roll top.
4. Serve with a lime wedge and additional tzatziki.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
1 pint sour cream (or Greek-style yogurt)
1 English cucumber, peeled, grated
3 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1. Mix all ingredients until blended and the oil has emulsified into the sour cream. Season with salt.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using to allow the flavors to meld.
I love this kind of slinky tune. And what a cool guitar riff.
Check out The Semper Teens on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.