There is a lot more involved in making this video’s cheeseburger than in today’s recipe. Could use a pickle garnish, too. :)
I always feel like there is something inherently wrong about using canned soup in a casserole. But, I have to be honest that sometimes the result is the homiest, most welcoming meal.
Like this Cheeseburger And Fries Casserole. With just 4 main ingredients and about 10 minutes prep, not only is the casserole delicious, but it’s wicked easy to make.
I shared another recipe for Cheeseburger And Fries Casserole about a year ago, but I think I like this one a bit better. The golden mushroom soup has tomato in it and a much richer flavor than regular cream of mushroom. I also loved the idea of garnishing with the pickle slices. It really tasted like a cheeseburger on a plate.
Cheeseburger And Fries Casserole
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 (20 ounce) package frozen, fried crinkle-cut potatoes
Cheeseburger toppings such as ketchup, pickles and mustard
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain off fat. Place the cooked meat in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the condensed golden mushroom soup and the condensed cheddar cheese soup. Spread over the meat in the casserole.
3. Sprinkle the frozen crinkle-cut potatoes over the top of the casserole.
4. Bake in a 350℉ oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until the fries are golden.
5. Garnish with suggested toppings, if you like.
Recipe from MidwestLiving.com
I heard this absolutely gorgeous song this morning. It is on the Song, By Toad Records 2013 Sampler and I have been meaning to share it with your for awhile.
It somehow doesn’t feel right to pair up a song as elegant as ‘Golden Circle’ with such a basic casserole.
But, you know what?
They are both so good they somehow belong together.
Check out Magic Eye on Facebook and Soundcloud, where you can link to buy the music (a split 12″ to be exact, with Le Thug, Plastic Animals, and Zed Penguin). The band is playing at Henry’s Cellar Bar in Edinburgh this Saturday night. Find out more here.
Pingback: Burger And Fries Pot Pie. New Music From Ed Prosek. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Fries ‘N’ Beef Bake. Listening To The Bloom. | I Sing In The Kitchen