A friend posted this image yesterday. I’m still smiling and shaking my head at it.
Still smiling at the memory of this Banana Bread. Chock full of moist coconut, raisins and lots of crunchy nuts, its a great way to change up your banana bread routine.
Banana Bread With Coconut, Raisins And Pecans
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, soda and sugar. Add to butter mixture, stirring just until moistened.
4. Fold in coconut, pecans and raisins.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until tester inserted into center comes clean and top is golden brown.
6. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool.
Recipe from Christmas with Southern Living Cookbook, Vol. 2
A Million Mouths.
All eating Banana Bread.
And banging the hell out of the drums.
Check out Black International on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.
Pingback: Banana Bread With Coconut, Raisins And Pecans. Listening To Black International. | homethoughtsfromabroad626