I just saw this on Twitter.
Today’s Penne à la Carbonara definitely doesn’t look like Ms. Carey, but it is a vision to love.
I usually make carbonara dishes with spaghetti, but I loved it with penne.
This is one rich pasta dish. It is best described by Giada herself: “It’s so good you won’t believe it”
1 pound pancetta or bacon, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
6 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Additional Parmesan, to serve
1. Heat a large skillet until hot. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and remove pan from heat.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Season pepper. Stir in Parmesan.
3. In a large pot, boil 6 quarts of salted boiling water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse with water; this leaves the pasta’s natural starches intact so that the sauce will stick.
5. While the pasta is still hot, return it back to the pot. Add the browned pancetta and mix well. Add the cream mixture and coat the pasta completely. Work quickly while the pasta is still warm so that the cream mixture will cook, but not curdle. Add chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh.
This is the best Guilt you can experience. I could listen to this song over and over….which, of course, I have been doing.
And another really lovely song.
Check out Paul Cook & The Chronicles on the Website, where you can link to buy the music.
Yum, family loved this dish!
We really loved that one, too. Thanks for letting me know it was a hit!
I have made this twice for the family since you posted it! Love it! Thanks!
Pingback: Spaghetti Alla Carbonara. Beautiful New Music From Ajimal. | I Sing In The Kitchen