Oh, a lizard wearing a raspberry hat? Just because.
Because we have raspberries in this menu.
When I saw this recipe for Beef served with raspberry sauce, raspberries and blue cheese, I was instantly intrigued. Thems not the usual combination of ingredients.
But, you know what?
The beef melts into the raspberry sauce with its sweet and slightly acidic flavor. The piquant, soft blue cheese and sweet, fresh raspberries take everything to the next level of deliciousness.
The fingerlings are a simple accompaniment and the peppery arugula is just genius as part of this eclectic plateful. I also threw in a side of buttered zucchini because I have so freakin’ many of the veg emigrating from the garden each day.
Beef Tenderloin With Raspberry Sauce And Blue Cheese
1¼ lb beef tenderloin
1 Tbs Olive Oil
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 Tbs minced shallots
1 (8.5 oz) bottle raspberry white balsamic vinegar (I only used about 1/2 cup. I thought 8 oz seemed like too much.)
2 Tbs seedless raspberry jam
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup fresh raspberries
2 Tbs crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450℉ with rack at lowest position.
2. For the tenderloin: Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Season tenderloin with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Sear tenderloin on all sides about 5-7 minutes, until well browned. Transfer pan to preheated oven; roast until an instant read thermometer registers 130℉ for medium rare, 10-15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, transfer tenderloin to a plate, tent with foil and let rest while making the sauce.
3. For the sauce: Sauté shallots in drippings in pan over medium heat until soft, about 1-2 minutes. Deglaze pan with vinegar, scraping up any browned bits on bottom. Increase heat to medium high and reduce vinegar by half, about 5 minutes. Whisk in jam until dissolved and season sauce with 1/4 teaspoon both salt and pepper.
4. Slice tenderloin into 12 slices, serve with sauce and garnish with fresh raspberries and blue cheese.
Roasted Fingerlings With Arugula
1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 oz arugula
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Toss the potatoes with 1 Tbs olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Place potatoes on baking sheet, cut side down.
5. Roast for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown. Transfer potatoes to same bowl.
6. Stir in arugula, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let steam for 5 minutes.
7. Whisk together lemon juice and remaining Tbs oil. Toss with potato mixture and serve.
Recipes from Cuisine At Home Magazine
This Many Boyfriends’ self-titled debut is set for release on October 8th. Number One is the first released single.
The five piece from Leeds describe their music as ‘Fun Pop’. I’ll second that.
Check out This Many Boyfriends on the band’s Website. You can find out upcoming UK Tour Dates and buy the music over at Angular Recording Co.
definitely happy and fun song! loved it!