Ever heard of the Trunk Monkey?
No more monkeying around. It’s pie time.
Cherry and raspberry are a surprisingly good combination. I love the pecan studded topping. You get sweet, tart and crunch in every bite.
Cherry Raspberry Streusel Lattice Pie
Ingredients for crust:
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter
7 to 8 tablespoons cold water
Ingredients for filling:
2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for topping:
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
2. Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate.
4. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with dry cake mix, pecans and coconut. Drizzle with butter.
5. Roll out remaining pastry to a 13-inch circle; cut into strips for a lattice top. Form lattice by interweaving the dough strips. Seal and flute edges of pie.
6. Brush lattice top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
7. Bake at 375°F for 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Top with a scoop of ice cream, if you like.
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
Glasgow duo The Savings And Loan nail it on the lyrics front. Such imagery captured within the structure of the music.
If my day hasn’t been easy as pie, I want to be listening to this band.
“And when they come to crucify me
I hope I will be kind
a fixture here, I paint myself beyond the pale
wine and water on my mind
Still, it’s a voluntary orchard
and I’d rather die than be tortured
And I know just as well as you that we’ve both got work to do”
The Savings And Loan-Her Window
On the Gorgeous Song O’Meter, Swallows gets a solid 11.