Of course it wouldn’t be like me to share a video that has anything to do with the recipe. Or to do with anything, for that matter.
We’re gonna watch this one just because it makes me smile.
Now onto some purrfect brownies. Rich and chocolatety brownies covered in rich and chocolatety icing.
Chocolate Iced Brownies With Nonpareils
Ingredients for the brownies:
8oz (250g) butter
200g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups (300g) brown sugar
1-1/3 cups (200g) flour
1/3 cup (35g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
colored nonpareils to decorate
Ingredients for the icing:
40g butter, melted
2 Tbs cocoa powder, sifted
1 1/2 cups (240g) sifted confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 325℉/160℃.
2. Grease a 22cm square cake pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
4. Place sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
5. Add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
8. While brownies are cooling make icing. Place butter, cocoa, sugar and water in a bowl and stir until well combined.
9. Spread the icing over the brownie evenly. Sprinkle with colored nonpareils (I used green/red/white since I made them at Christmastime. The picture in the magazine has the whole top covered in rainbow nonpareils which is a really good, fun look.)
10. Cut into fingers (so much cuter here than squares for a change) and serve. The brownies keep in the fridge for one week.
Recipe from Donna Hay Kids’ Magazine
I have recently been completely captivated by Brazilian artist Anna-Anna (Manuela Leal). Listening to her music is like being dropped onto the set of a science fiction movie and left to fend for yourself.
Quiet, unsettling, eerie. And always interesting. A modern Laurie Anderson.
Anna-Anna-Mirrors Of America
Check out Anna-Anna on Facebook, where you can get a free download of the 4 track album ‘Last Night I Lit The Moon’, and on the official Website.