How about some cookies to kick start the week?
These chocolate chips are just the thing if you love chocolate chip cookies but want something a little bit different. The espresso flavor shines through. And anything with Kahlúa can’t be bad, right?
Espresso Chocolate Chip Kahlúa Cookies
1 1/3 cup flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 Tbs espresso powder
1 Tbs Kahlúa
4 oz butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
3 oz dark chocolate chips
3 oz milk chocolate chips
1. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and let cool.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a small dish, dissolve espresso powder in Kahlúa and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars together. Add the Kahlúa mixture, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Add cooled, melted chocolate and beat until combined.
6. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 375℉.
9. Place rounded balls of dough about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
10. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 20 cookies. (I think I’ll double the recipe next time)
Recipe from The Sweet Art
I saw Tan Vampires at the Nor’easter Festival last month and thought they were quite good. I picked up their cd and am really enjoying it. They hail from NH, so a local band for me.
This song is really nice. I hear some Mumford & Sons tinged with Coldplay.
Tan Vampires-I Can Hear Them In The Dark
I Found A Body might be my favorite track off of the album.