A friend shared this video the other day.
Which immediately made me think of this.
You won’t be sorry if you try this Pumpkin Cake recipe.
Pumpkin Cake With Cranberry Mousse Filling And Cinnamon Buttercream Icing
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cake:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
Ingredients for Cranberry Mousse Filling:
8 oz Cool Whip
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (14 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Ingredients for Cinnamon Buttercream Icing:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp cinnamon
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions for cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease 3 9-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester comes clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks, remove from pans and cool completely.
Directions for mousse:
1. In a medium bowl beat whipped topping and butter until smooth. (Note: you want to be sure that the Cool Whip is thawed and not too cold. Otherwise it will cause the butter to form cold little beads.)
2. Add cranberry sauce and beat until combined.
Directions for icing:
1. Beat butter and cinnamon until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Add cream and beat until smooth.
Directions for assembly:
1. Spread cranberry mousse between cake layers.
2. Spread icing on top and sides of cake.
3. Garnish with cranberries sprinkled with granulated sugar, if you like.
Store cake in refrigerator.
Recipe from Paula Deen’s Holiday Baking
Look!!! Somebody put eyes on the cake. ♡
No apologies for going back to Scotland today.
Eagleowl. A completely addicting band out of Edinburgh.
This was the first of Eagleowl’s songs that I had ever heard. It is still my favorite. That beat….So good.
And these lyrics just kill me:
“I re-read all your letters
and I liked them so well that I had to eat them all
yes, I ate them all and then slumped against a wall”
Eagleowl-I'm Sorry But I'm Beginning To Hate Your Face
This song is completely different. Quiet, stripped down, lovely.
Buy Eagleowl’s music on their Website.