Not too long ago I told you about how I was in a bookstore when a Donny Osmond song came on the store stereo.
Well, last week I was at Borders checking out the ‘Going Out Of Business’ deals when I came across a Partridge Family cd. I didn’t toss it aside. I bought it.
On Friday nights, when I was really little, it was always the same routine. I parked in front of the telly for The Brady Bunch, then Nanny And The Professor followed by The Partridge Family.
The Partridge Family was hardly spicy, but this chicken is…just mildy. A hint of crushed red pepper gives it some zing. Dinner is on the table almost faster than it took to watch that video.
Spicy Chicken And Broccolini
1 lb broccolini
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbs chopped parsley
1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (I had boneless on hand, but with skin would be really good…it would get nice and crisp)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. Microwave broccolini in a bowl for about 4 minutes, until nearly tender. Set aside.
2. Microwave oil and pepper flakes in a small bowl for one minute. Combine 2 Tbs of pepper oil and parsley in bowl.
3. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 15 minutes longer until done. Transfer chicken to a platter and tent with foil.
4. Add broccolini to skillet and cook until tender, 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
5. Drizzle parsley oil over chicken and serve with broccolini.
I think you may have suspected that I would play some Partridge Family. I think you were right. I think I love you.
The Partridge Family-I Think I Love You
That was catchy, right? Ba, ba, ba, ba….
Now to give you the whole experience, matching blue suits and all (Those Ruffles! Those Collars!), I offer up this video. (Yes, I love this song, too. Even all these years later. I’m singing at the top of my lungs.)
That was fun. Are you still with me?
See you tomorrow.