I love the Harry Potter books. I love the movies.
While I am very much looking forward to The Deathly Hallows Part 2, I am also quite sad that It is all going to be over. I dreaded finishing the last book, but at least I had the comfort of knowing that there would be the movies to look forward to.
July 15th is almost here. I can’t wait. At the same time I cannot stand it.
Can I tell you my favorite line in the last book?
‘Look…at…me…’, he whispered.
I’m tearing up just thinking about it. I’d better get this tart ready for The Boy Who Lived.
Ginger Treacle Tart
375 g sweet shortcrust pastry or one ready to roll refrigerated pie crust (such as Pillsbury)
a little flour, for dusting
750g golden syrup (such as Lyles)
225g (3 cups) breadcrumbs
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1½ tsp ground ginger
6-8 balls stem ginger , thinly sliced
vanilla ice cream or custard , to serve
1. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a 23cm (9 inch) fluted tart pan (I like to use one with a removable bottom), about 3cm deep. Line the tin with the pastry and fold the overhang over the sides. Chill for 30 mins.
2. Heat oven to 400℉/200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line the tart crust with greaseproof (waxed) paper and baking beans. Bake blind for 20 mins. Remove the beans and paper and bake for 10 mins more until the pastry is pale golden.
3. Meanwhile, mix the golden syrup, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and juice, ground ginger and eggs together.
4. Once the pastry is ready, lower the oven to 325℉/160C/140C fan/gas 3. Tip in the treacle mixture and bake for 55 mins-1 hr until the filling is golden and crisp, and feels set to the touch.
5. When the tart comes out of the oven, arrange the ginger slices over the top. Drizzle with some syrup from the ginger jar, then lift from the tin to a serving plate and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or custard.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
You can’t help but feel that Harry Potter magic when you hear this song.
Echo and The Bunnymen frontman Ian McCulloch is pretty magical himself.
Ian McCulloch-Magical World
No. No no no no no no no.
Is that your final answer ?😹