Hawaiian Punch has absolutely nothing to do with Black & White Truffles. I just like the old commercial.
It is totally insane.
Black & White Truffles
Ingredients for the dark ganache:
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 Tbs heavy cream
2 Tbs crème de cassis liqueur
Ingredients for the white ganache:
8 oz white chocolate, chopped
6 Tbs heavy cream
1 Tbs almond extract
Ingredients for the coating:
10 oz bittersweet chocolate
2 oz white chocolate, chopped
Dutch process cocoa powder, toasted coconut, jimmies….optional
1. Line 8×4 inch loaf with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang on two ends.
2. Combine semisweet chocolate, 6 Tbs cream and crème de cassis for the dark ganache in a medium bowl. Microwave at 50% power until melted. Stir until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup; set aside until firm enough to roll into balls. Pour remaining ganache into prepared pan. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Combine 8 oz white chocolate, 6 Tbs cream and almond extract for the white ganache in a medium glass bowl; melt. Cool the mixture until it is just warm then pour over the chilled dark ganache in the pan. Chill until firm, 24 hours. Lift the layered ganache from pan and cut into 1/4 inch squares.
4. Chop 8 oz of the bittersweet chocolate or the coating; transfer to a medium glass bowl. Melt chocolate according to directions for dark ganache. Add remaining 2 oz bittersweet chocolate; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
5. Dip ganache squares into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off. Place squares on parchment lined pan to set coating.
6. Melt 2 oz white chocolate; drizzle over coated squares.
Black & White music would be in order here.
The Beat-Hands Off…She's Mine
The Eurythmics-Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves
I had to include this next song because it has what I believe to be one of the cleverest lines ever. (I can’t believe that I am saying that about a Justin Bieber song.)
“You seem like the type to love them and leave them
And disappear right after the song”
I love that. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s the Bieb. Never thought he’d be singing in my kitchen, huh?
Here’s the Eenie Meenie Video so you get the total experience.