These turtle like candies are so easy to make and are so good. As ever, I love the salt.
Pecan & Salted Caramel Candies
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
4-ounce block of caramel, cut into 16 pieces; or 16 caramel candies
16 bittersweet chocolate disks (1″ to 1 1/2″ disks)
a pinch of Fleur de Sel or other sea salt, to garnish each candy
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Divide the pecans into 16 small piles on a parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheet (approximately 2 teaspoons pecans each).
4. Heat in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
5. Remove from the oven, and top each cluster with one disk of chocolate.
6. Once the chocolate has softened, top each candy with a few flakes of Fleur de Sel.
7. Allow the caramel and chocolate to cool and set before removing candies from the pan.
Yield: 16 candies.
Some short music. I really enjoy going to the opera now and again. Carmen is one of my favorites.
Prelude To Carmen
A sweet song. And wicked catchy, I might add.
The Young Republic-Girl In A Tree
Check out The Young Republic on their Myspace Page.