I made these to bring to my son’s school dance tonight. Cupcakes on a stick. Adorable.
Wish me luck transporting them. I haven’t figured that one out, yet. Should be
a nightmare fun.
Funfetti Mini Cupcakes On A Stick
Funfetti mini cupcakes (recipe below) or any cupcake of your choice
Icing ( I used the buttercream from here.
Candy melts, any color you like
Red hots, sanding sugar, star decorations
1. Bake and cool mini cupcakes.
2. Melt candy melts. Dip tip of lollipop stick into melted candy then insert into cupcake. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Spoon melted candy over cupcake and let dry, stick side up on a wax lined tray.
4. Put some melted candy in a zip loc bag, snip corner, and pipe designs over dried candy coating.
5. When completely dry, poke the pops into a block of styrofoam so that they are ‘standing up’.
6. Use a #12 tip to pipe swirls of buttercream over the top of cupcake. Decorate with red hots, stars and colored sugar.
Funfetti Mini Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg whites to the bowl and beat until combined. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts and mix until incorporated. Mix in the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. Fold in the sprinkles with a spatula.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (about 9 minutes). Cool completely before decorating as desired.
Makes 36 mini cupcakes
You can also make 12 regular sized cupcakes. Baking time is 20 minutes.
Recipe from Amber’s Delectable Delights
Ready for some fun music?
Russian Red-Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Have a fun day. Cheers!
Those are beautiful Tricia!!
Those are so cute. I love your creativity. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I’d love it if you’d come by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html
Oh my gosh! Genius!!!
Pingback: Confetti Cheesecake Cupcakes with Cake Batter Cream Cheese Icing | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Tiered Rainbow Cake. No Tears Shed In The Transport. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Funfetti Cupcakes. Low On The Contrast Podcast. | I Sing In The Kitchen