These are probably the best muffins I have made in a long time.
Caramel Banana Muffins are the full flavor package. In addition to the delicious combination of caramel and banana, there is a crunchy pecan streusel in the batter and even more on top. The muffin is beautifully moist with a satisfyingly crisp top.
Caramel Banana Muffins
½ cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
⅔ cup sugar
1/2 cup mashed banana
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons caramel-flavored ice cream topping, plus extra for drizzling
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Line twelve (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups or 6 jumbo (3-1/4-inch) muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, mix pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until well combined. Add egg and beat well. Beat in the mashed banana and vanilla until combined.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture, beating on low speed until just combined.
5. Stir 1/4 cup of the pecan mixture into the batter.
6. Spoon half the batter into prepared muffin cups. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping over batter in each cup. Top with remaining batter. Drizzle each with a little melted butter and sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
7. Bake at 375℉ for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan. Serve warm drizzled with more caramel topping.
Makes 12 standard or 6 jumbo muffins
Recipe from Midwest Living
Okay Girl…..you tell him! 😂😂😂
“I might wanna talk to your mama (your ding dong dangle),
I don’t wanna see your banana”