I’ve got myself a tween blog.
Gingerbread is, of course, on the menu as it is January 6th aka the 12th day of Christmas aka Nollaigna mBan.
Sticky Gingerbread Bundt Cake looks as good as it tastes. Stem ginger ups the spicy game and the crunchy pomegranate seeds lend some texture along with their lovely visual pop.
Sticky Gingerbread Bundt Cake
200g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
300g (1 1/2 cups) dark muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar)
200g (a little less than 2/3 cup) black treacle (or molasses)
4 balls stem ginger in syrup, roughly chopped
2 large eggs, beaten
200g (about 1 1/2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
225ml plain yogurt
Topping: 75g confectioners’ sugar and fresh pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350℉. Grease a 1.5 liter bundt pan.
2. Heat the butter, sugar and treacle in a saucepan over low heat until the butter and sugar have melted. Beat in the stem ginger and eggs with a whisk.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and spices into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar-butter mixture then add yogurt and whisk until combined. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the topping, in a bowl, gradually whisk a little warm water into the confectioners’ sugar until a thick icing forms.
6. Drizzle the icing over the cake, then scatter with the pomegranate seeds. The cake will keep, wrapped in foil, for up to 6 days in a cool place or it can be frozen, wrapped well, for up to 3 months.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
Birthdays can be a combination of sadness and hope…sort of like this lovely new tune from Indiana-based band Hoops.
“It’s blinding me
but I can get by
If I try”
Check out Hoops on Bandcamp where you can learn of an upcoming show in Chicago and buy their music.
Happy 9th Birthday! Oh to be 9 again :)
I know, right?
Belated congratulations on ISITK turning 9!. I made the shrimp/bacon pizza once again for dinner and as usual – superb! The Ginger Bundt cake looks amazing.
Thanks so much, Ann! x