Avoid a sticky situation by making this variation on S’mores in the oven.
These Toasted S’mores Blondies are perfect for a cookout dessert. They have all of the terrific flavors of s’mores in bar form with an added bonus that the butter in the blondie layer is browned. Rich and delicious.
Toasted S’mores Blondies
4 (1.55 ounce) Hershey bars
20 large marshmallows, cut in half
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 9 whole sheets
2 Tbs light brown sugar
5 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Blondies:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8 x 8-inch disposable aluminum baking pan.
2. To make the graham cracker crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar. Mix well then press into prepared pan and set aside.
3. To make the blondies, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until it turns a light brown color. Be careful not to burn. Pour butter into a large bowl with brown sugar and mix until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour and thoroughly mix.
4. Spread blondie batter over graham cracker crust. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
5. Remove from the oven and immediately place Hershey Bars on top in a single layer. Break them apart and arrange as needed. Top with marshmallow halves.
6. Turn on oven broiler. Broil for about 15 to 30 seconds until marshmallows are golden. Watch very carefully so marshmallows don’t burn.
7. Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Cut into bars and serve. Toasted S’mores Bars will stay fresh for up to two days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 16 (I cut mine into smaller portions since they are pretty rich)
Recipe from Simply Desserts by Laura Weathers
Here’s a tune for your next cookout.
‘Another One’ is new from Houston-based band Mantra Love. This song about calling out liars rocks with its lo-fi delivery and catchy chorus.
“Don’t bring me down”